Balancing Academic and Family Life (Study – Career – Family)
Supporting our students and faculty in their efforts to balance the demands of academic and family life is a top priority at the TUM School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan. As such, we offer a variety of childcare programs on campus, including:
- Krabbelstube Weihenstephan: 12 daycare spots for children under 3
- Kinder(t)räume Weihenstephan: 30 spots for children between the ages of 2 and 6 (two groups)
- Kindervilla Dr. Gudula Wernekke-Rastetter: 25 spots for children under 3 (two groups)
- Großtagespflege Freising "Glückskinder": 3 daycare spots for children between the ages of 0 and ca. 3, additional "emergency spot" for temporary daycare, for example of guest children (also older than 3 as necessary)
- TUM After School Care Weihenstephan: 14 spots for children between the ages of 6 and 12
- Vacation daycare for children between the ages of 6 and 12 (Easter, Whitsun, summer and fall holidays)
- Childcare as needed, emergency care: Last-minute babysitter service
Caring von Family Members:
Information for TUM faculty, students and staff with family members in need of care is available here.
TUM.Family provides detailed information for all your questions concerning work-life balance, as well as the support available at TUM.
Financial support for TUM faculty, students and staff (e.g. emergency childcare, maternity leave replacements):
TUM offers various forms of financial support to help faculty, students and staff balance their career and familial obligations.
Important information for faculty, students and staff:
Resources providing information on balancing academic and family life addressing the needs of specific groups are available for download on the TUM.Diversity webpages.