Latest Shanghai Ranking of academic subjects released - Agricultural sciences and biotechnology among the best 50 worldwideCategory: Award, Top-News
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is among the world’s top 25 universities in five subjects and in the top 50 in two other areas. That is the result of the latest Global Ranking of Academic Subjects released by Shanghai Ranking. In the subjects of biotechnology and food science & technology, TUM once again achieved first place among German universities.
Developed at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University, key criteria for the rankings are the number and citation rates of papers published, especially in leading journals in the respective fields and the degree of international cooperation in the related research. In some areas, the number of major prizes awarded to scientists is also taken into account. These indicators are weighted according to the prevailing culture in the various subject areas.
In the new issue of the Global Rankings of Academic Subjects, TUM is among the 25 best universities in the world in the following subjects:
- Remote Sensing: 4th (in Germany: 1st)
- Medical Technology: 10th (in Germany: 1st)
- Environmental Science & Engineering: 16th (in Germany: 1st)
- Aerospace Engineering: 21st (in Germany: 1st)
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering: 22nd (in Germany: 1st)
In two other subjects, TUM is among the top 50:
- Agricultural Sciences: 37th (in Germany: 2nd)
- Biotechnology: 40th (in Germany: 1st)
TUM also achieves excellent results in other subject rankings: In the QS World University Rankings by Subject, it is among the world’s 25 best universities in five subjects and among the top 50 in six other areas. In the latest THE World University Rankings by Subject, TUM placed 14th worldwide in computer science, 22nd in engineering, 23rd in physical sciences (comprising most natural sciences subjects) and 43rd in life sciences.
- Global Rankings of Academic Subjects 2022: http://www.shanghairanking.com/rankings/gras/2022
- Shanghai Ranking 2021: https://www.wzw.tum.de/index.php?id=185&L=1&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=2696&cHash=96c8cf04988c7edb1692500c8d52572d
- TUM in Rankings: https://www.tum.de/en/about-tum/our-university/rankings
More information about study programs in the subjects mentioned above:
- Agricultural and horticultural sciences (Bachelor of Science)
- Food technology (Bachelor of Science)
- Molecular biotechnology (Bachelor of Science)
- All study programs at TUM School of Life Sciences
Technical University of Munich
Corporate Communications Center