Academic career & funding
The promotion of equal opportunities for young scientists is an important concern of the TUM School of Life Sciences. An overview of the current programs in the area of Gender & Diversity can be found here:
Financial bridging of maternity protection & employment ban
The TUM School of Life Sciences has launched a new program to promote equal opportunities for young female scientists by providing financial support for bridging maternity leave/ employment prohibition periods.
- Funding of replacement staff to compensate for pregnancy, especially in cases of employment bans. Funding is provided for young female scientists in qualification phases (habilitation/postdoc/doctorate).
- Alternative funding from equal opportunity funds of DFG-funded research associations (SFBs, etc.) should be excluded.
- Preference should be given to employing research assistants or TAs as replacements with a maximum of 50% of the working time (e.g. top-up).
Please submit an informal request with a meaningful justification to Daniela Röder.
Application content: brief justification and indication of the activities to be performed by the substitute (min. 1/2 page); indication whether maternity leave and/or employment ban; indication that funding by the DFG (SFBs etc.) is excluded.
Corona hardship fund for tenure track professorships
The Corona pandemic poses a major challenge for balancing family and career.
To counteract this, the TUM School of Life Sciences has set up a Corona hardship fund for tenure track professors. The funds can be used upon application, e.g., for childcare, HiWis, or increases in TAs. Other uses are possible.
Please submit an informal application with a meaningful justification to Daniela Röder.
Incentive for proposals of new honorary professors
The TUM School of Life Sciences would like to increase the proportion of female professors in the area of honorary professorships.
Proposals for suitable female candidates by SoLS professors will therefore be incentivized with 5000,-€ upon successful appointment. For suggestions or information please contact Daniela Röder.
Funding of invitations for lecture series "WOMEN IN SCIENCE" (WIS)
You can invite renowned female guest scientists as "role models" to selected lectures within the framework of existing seminars or seminar series. Parts of the travel and subsistence costs (up to a maximum of € 500) will be covered by the TUM School of Life Sciences.
Please proceed as follows:
- Invitation of a renowned scientist for a seminar talk (seminar is one of the existing seminars in TUM-Online).
- Schedule an approx. one-hour round of talks with the speaker.
- Designate the lecture as a lecture of the series "WIS" in the lecture announcement (WIS lecture).
- Inform Daniela Röder at least 4 weeks in advance.
- After the lecture, the hosts will send the invoices for reimbursement and a short report to Daniela Röder.