Recognition of academic achievements

information about the recognition of examinations

Here you can find information about the recognition of coursework and examinations at the TUM School of Life Sciences. Prerequisite for the recognition is that you are already enrolled in the degree program for which the recognition should be granted. Please fill out the application for recognition of coursework and examination results*. Follow the instructions for filling the form and the information regarding the different types of recognition.

Please send the complete application for recognition including all required documents to[at]

*Important: The form cannot be displayed and edited in the browser. First, the form must be saved locally or opened in an external program (e.g. Adobe). To do this, use the "view with other program" or "save document" icon in the top right corner of the browser. Please also note, that the document can no longer be edited after you have digitally signed it.


General information about the recognition of coursework and examination results

The exact procedure of the recognition process is shown in this diagram. In the next paragraph you will also find explanations regarding the different types of recognition. Please read the information provided on the type of recognition that applies to your case and follow the respective application procedure (e.g. deadlines, documents to be submitted).

If you have submitted all the documents completely and on time, your application will be presented to the examination board for decision. The decision-making process lasts approximately 6-8 weeks. You will be informed by the examination board about the outcome by email and approved recognitions will then be entered into your TUMonline account.

Depending on the amount of credits that you receive due the recognition, you may be assigned to a higher semester.

We distinguish between the following types of recognition


Further questions about recognitions

If your questions could not be answered by the provided information on this page or if you could not find the recognition case that applies to you, please contact the student advisor responsible for your degree program. Depending on the degree program and the case of recognition, there might be deviations from the standard cases described above. In this case the respective student advisor will be pleased to help you.